Thursday, April 28, 2011

i have always wanted to plant more bulbs


We have a number of daffodils and tulips through out our garden, but I have always wanted to add more.  Usually the best time to plant these is in the fall.  By that time I am also usually tired of working in the garden. 
A couple of years ago my mom planted a number of tulip bulbs that she had brought back from Holland.  There are a couple of really cool looking ones.  As they bloom I will try and post some pics. 
The tulip pic here is a of one that grows along the house on the south side.  It is actually blooming quite early.  We figure this is due to the proximity to the stone foundation and the radiant heat that it provides.  There are a number of plants that grow along the house on the south side that are usually about a week or two earlier that any where else in the garden.  Its kinda nice to have this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment