Monday, June 13, 2011

spinach so far.....more to come soon!

We have been harvesting spinach for about 2 weeks now.
Just on Saturday we started to pick some peas.  This was very exciting for Malia. 
The tomatoes are starting to bloom.
The potatoes are growing quickly.
The corn is doing good.
The weeds are also growing quite well.
The two or three plums that were on the tree are no no longer there (squirrels or birds).
The cherries are starting to change to color.
The cucumbers are starting to bloom.
The zucchini have bloomed but produced no fruit.  Not sure why yet, but it is still quite early.

On the herb front, the cilantro has bolted and some have started to flower.
The basil is not looking great but we are still hopeful.
The parsley is growing nicely.
Dill, was super small when I planted it but it may turn around and actually grow.  I thought for sure it would die.


Flowers......there are just too many to mention.  But I did see an article on Birds and Blooms Facebook feed about a Monarch Waystation Certification  http://www.monarchwatch.org/waystations/certify.html .  We have enough milkweed to be able to become a Waystation, although I am not sure that it is worth the money for just a certificate.  We follow everything that is required.  Now I just wish that the Monarchs and other butterflies would show up, along with some humming birds.  We have our fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment