Tuesday, March 29, 2011

the set up

So once I purchased the Parks Bio Domes and a heating pad(s) (from Amazon) I started to set up the lights.  With the right materials growing seeds is really quite easy.  The first year I started with three Bio Domes.  Since it was so easy and I was successful at growing and not killing most all the plants I purchased two more last year.  This year I added a couple more lights and a wood frame.  Right now I have 5 Bio Domes.  Once the seedlings reach a certain size I will be transplanting them and starting more seeds in the Bio Domes.  

 We also added 2 raised beds in our back yard.  We are a little concerned of the soil back there since in the 70's and 80's there tenants of the house used the area as a dump.  This year we plan to add a few more raised beds around our yard.  I actually am cutting up a old cistern that was in our attic.  I should be able to get three, 3 foot round beds from reusing this old cistern.  We will also be adding another wood raised bed beside our garage in a more sunny part of our yard.  This should prove to be a great place to grow peppers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment